Nottingham Buildings

The Adams Building

Stoney Street, Nottingham
_

This magnificent, recently restored building was designed by Nottingham architect Thomas Chambers Hine.   It was named after its owner, Thomas Adams, a Quaker and Victorian industrialist and was opened in 1855.  Construction in several phases extended over a 20-year period between 1854 and 1874. It was designed as a lace showroom and warehouse where lace was finished off prior to sale.

The building was acquired by the Lace Market Heritage Trust in 1996 and was at one time considered for the HQ of English Heritage. This proposal failed but restoration went ahead by The New College Nottingham and the building was re-opened in 1999.

-

RETURN TO BUILDINGS

SITE HOME PAGE

-
SCROLL DOWN TO SELECT THEN  CLICK ON THUMBNAIL TO VIEW ENLARGED IMAGE
-
-
NB00001 NB00002 NB00003 NB00004
NB00005 NB00006 NB00796 NB00797
NB00798 NB00799 NB00800
SCROLL UP TO SELECT THEN CLICK ON THUMBNAIL TO VIEW ENLARGED IMAGE
A

RETURN TO BUILDINGS

SITE HOME PAGE

a