27 St Mary's Gate - St. Mary's House
The Lace Market
This building stands out from all the surrounding red brick properties. It was built in 1849 for a Msr. L. Baillon the Vice Consul of France for that countries Consulate Offices. In 1868 came a change of use to a Lace warehouse.
The premises are presently being renovated and converted into apartments - see later pictures.
© Ray Teece 28-01-2008