Nottingham Buildings

 

 

 

-
This cinema is one of the few that survive designed by the cinema architect Albert Thraives.  It was built by Coleman & Blackburn of East Kirby and had a seating capacity of 721

it opened its doors on  the 10th June 1929 showing the film 'Sorrell & Son' a First World War story and it closed its doors on the 7th December 1957 following a showing of 'Carry On Admiral'

The Majestic Cinema - presently The Haunted Museum
700 - 708 Woodborough Road, Mapperly, Nottingham

  Ray Teece  08-08-2019

NB02345

RETURN

NEXT