Nottingham Buildings

 

 

 

 

 

For more historical detail on the Bagthorpe  Workhouse & Nottingham City Hospital go to  the Nottingham University Hospital Archives

 

This is the administration block of the old Bagthorpe Workhouse. The foundation stone to the left of the front door gives a date of 1899 but it was not opened until 1903.

It was designed by local architect Arthur Marshall to replace the Union Workhouse that had to be demolished to make way for the Victoria Station.

 

The Bagthorpe Workhouse & Infirmary

Off Hucknall Road

  Ray Teece  01-07-2008

NB00873

RETURN

NEXT