Nottingham Buildings

The Council House




With the completion of the new Old Market Square, it is again possible to have an uninterrupted view of The Council House

The Council House was designed by Cecil Howitt, and was opened in 1929.

The sculptural works were all by or completed under the direction of Joseph Else (1874 - 1955) who was the Principle of the Nottingham School of Art


The Council House 

  Ray Teece  08-04-2007