Nottingham Buildings

The Lace Market Theatre

Halifax Place

Home of The Nottingham Theatre Club

This unusual building was built in 1760 as chapel and over the past 250 years it has seen many changes of use from being a School in which William Booth founder of The Salvation Army was a pupil to a humble paint store.  After undergoing restoration it opened as an amateur theatre in 1972

 

  Ray Teece 27-09-2006

NB00228

RETURN

NEXT