Nottingham Buildings

Lambert's Factory

 Talbot Street, Nottingham 

 

This former factory has been converted to modern office accommodation  for The Driving Test Agency

It's transition was not a happy one!  During redevelopment the internal structures were demolished leaving the external shell insufficiently supported. The result was that much of this facade collapsed and what we see now is an authentic re-build that  the planning authorities insisted upon

It was originally built in 1862 to a design by the architect Robert Clarke (Senior)

The bowed section to the right is completely new build

  Ray Teece  18-04-2007

NB00372

RETURN

NEXT