Nottingham Buildings

 

 

 

This building has not been a public house for some considerable time but it's good that it has at least  survived as an amusement arcade. Hopefully, the fine etched glass windows still survive behind the posters.

Whilst what we see here is a 19th century re-build,  a coaching inn was established on this spot in 1684 and was then known as The White Lion.

It has extensive rock cut cellars, one feature of which is a cock fighting pit for which the inn was famous.

The Lion Hotel

Clumber Street

  Ray Teece  20-04-2009

NB01150

RETURN

NEXT