The Malt Cross
St. James's Street
This building that is now a bar takes its name from the old Malt Cross that used to stand in the middle of the road just about between the bottom of Market Street and the bottom of St. James's Street
The building dates from 1877 when it first opened as a Music Hall. Both the interior and exterior were recently restored
© Ray Teece 12-10-2006
Post Script 2014: Further restoration is now in progress.