Nottingham Buildings

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the present bridge was opened in 1871 this one remained for a short while before being demolished.


There has been a bridge across the River Trent at about this point since 924, the first built by Edward the Elder was probably of timber construction on stone piers.

These two arches are the only remains of the last bridge that was built by Henry II in about 1156. It originally had twenty arches and was rebuilt and modified several times over its long life. This arch dates from about 1364

Old Trent Bridge

On traffic Island just south of the present Trent Bridge

  Ray Teece  26-06-2007

NB00416

RETURN

NEXT