Nottingham Buildings

 

 

 

 

This old theatre was opened in 1760 and was later used as a music hall before its final demise many years ago.

It was derelict in the 1960's but before the rest of it was demolished, one could just read the word 'Variety' painted on the brickwork.  It seems a shame that the rest was not saved as what little remains now seems a bit lost in its new surroundings.

 

The Old Theatre Royal

St. Mary's Gate

  Ray Teece 07-06-2006

NB00221

RETURN