Nottingham Buildings

The Picture House Cinema

33 Long Row

-

This unusual little building was in fact The Picture House Cinema. It was designed by Derby architects Naylor & Sale and opened its doors on the 
5th November 1912.  It was very successful and by the late 1920's was too small to meet demand. As it was impossible to extend, it finally closed its doors on the 4th January 1930.

Throughout its life the cinema showed only silent films - it was never converted for sound.

 

  Ray Teece 05-04-2018

NB02290

RETURN

NEXT