Nottingham Buildings

 

 

 


William Hollins & Co. Ltd
was famous for its Viyella fabric, a mix of 55% merino wool and 45% cotton in a twill weave.

This was first registered as a brand name in 1894 having been developed the year before by James & Robert Sissons at William Hollins & Co. Ltd.

The firm became Viyella International in 1961

 


William Hollins & Co. Ltd. purchased this site in 1890 and established a spinning mill in pre-existing buildings in its middle section. They extended the mill in the 1890's towards the Denman Street end and further extended it towards the Ilkeston Road end in the 1900's 
What remains here today is the last development.  The older two sections were recently demolished and modern housing is presently being built in their place
William Hollins & Co Ltd. / Viyella - Radford Mill
View from Garden Street / Ilkeston Road

  Ray Teece  11-03-2015

NB01821

RETURN

NEXT