Nottingham Registry Office
This fine building was opened in 1887 as The Poor Law Offices and was designed by a Mr. Goodall a Nottingham architect
The building was another of those seriously damaged in the WWII bombing raid that hit The University College building across the road. Shrapnel marks are still clearly visible in the stonework.
There is a photograph in the Francis Frith Collection that shows just how wonderful these buildings looked when they were new
© Ray Teece 20-06-2006