Waterways - The River Trent

 

 

 

This bridge was built by Sir Robert Clifton the mine owner and was opened in 1870

Only the lead ups and the main abutments are original. The single main span now in use replaced several shorter spans supported on piers that became unsafe by the 1970's

 

The River Trent 

The Wilford Toll Bridge

  Ray Teece - 25-08-2006

NW00162

RETURN