Nottingham Buildings

 

 

 

 

 

 

This building has now been converted into apartments.

When in business the smell from this factory was very 'memorable' to say the least !

 

 

 

 

 

In 1861 Edward and John Turney, brothers, founded the Tannery on the River Trent in Nottingham which flourished to become a limited company, Turney Brothers Limited, in 1881.

One of the lines for which they were famous was 'Trent Bridge Willow Calf' leather.

 

London Road / Trent Riverside

  Ray Teece 19-03-2008

NB00759

RETURN