Wollaton Hall from the South East
Wollaton is The Jewel in the Crown of Nottingham Parks and combines the splendid Tudor Hall with a very extensive 500 acre deer park, lake, formal gardens and industrial museum. It is one of the finest houses of the period in all England
It was designed by Robert Smythson and built between 1580 & 1588 for Sir Francis Willoughby.
© Ray Teece 11-02-2005
For more many more pictures & information go to:
In the Parks Section