Nottingham Buildings

 

 

 

This dovecote was built in 1572 by the Willoughby family and has 1180 nesting sites over two floors.

The pigeons that were housed here were a reliable source of food for the family who owned the Wollaton Estate up until 1925.

The structure was restored by the Nottingham Civic Society and is now a museum run by volunteers.

The Dovecote

Dovecote Drive, Wollaton

  Ray Teece  05-03-2012

NB01463

RETURN