Nottingham Buildings

St Leonard's Church

Wollaton Road, Wollaton

 

In the Domesday Book (1086) there is no mention of a church at the place it calls Olaveston (Wollaton) but it is known that by 1200 there was a stone building on the site and the list of Rectors goes back to 1236. The Church was extended at the end of the Middle Ages, again in 1880. and again in 1970

 

 

  Ray Teece  05-03-2012

NB01446

 

RETURN